About Black Hops
Black Hops Brewing started as 3 mates making beer and sharing everything along the way. In 2014, Dan, Eddie and Govs made their first beer, the Eggnog Stout, after discussing the concept at the pub. That led them to opening up a brewery and taproom in Burleigh Heads in 2016 and in March 2019 they opened a bigger production brewery and taproom in Biggera Waters.
Black Hops was awarded Australia’s Champion Small Brewer at the 2018 AIBA Awards and in March 2019 were awarded 4 Gold Medals and took home Trophies for Best Pale Ale, Best IPA, Champion Queensland Brewery and Champion Brewery at the RQFWS Queensland Beer Awards. They followed this up again in 2021 winning Champion IPA again and Champion Large Brewery. In 2020 Black Hops was listed as Australia’s number 1 craft brewery on the Beer Cartel Craft Beer Survey.
These days Black Hops is one of Australia’s highest rated and fastest growing breweries. We distribute beer to thousands of venues across Australia and we are just getting started. With a team of over 60, we believe we have the best team in the industry. All of us have a great work ethic and are passionate about craft beer and the Black Hops brand. When we hire people we are looking for great members of our exceptional team, not just good candidates for the role.
About This Position
This is a casual position, working 2-4 days per week, so you will need to be available for flexible weekday work. Your own transport is essential as this role works across both our Gold Coast sites (Biggera Waters and Burleigh Heads). You will work with our Canning Line Operator to make sure cans are properly filled, precisely labelled, and well handled ready to be stored in the cold room and sent to customers. We take immense pride in our product and it’s essential that it’s looked after at every stage.
You will need to be able to work on your feet for 6-8 hours and lift cartons of beer. We are looking for a fun team player and someone with great attention to detail and a mechanical mind.
Availability to work weekends and flexible hours is highly regarded as we are going into our peak production period for Summer.
Immediate start preferred.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Awareness of and adhering to all the company’s safe working procedures
- Practise packaging hygiene and cleanliness
- Quality control, ensuring cans are adequately filled and correctly labelled
- Support the Canning Line Supervisor with setup and preparation as well as pack down
- Handling of finished goods onto pallets
- Operating keg washer and filler
- Cleaning of packaging lines and keg washer / filler
- Daily cleaning of packaging area
- Ensure a safe working environment at all times
- Making boxes
- Packing cans into cartons (Burleigh site)
Skills & Experience
- Forklift license highly desirable
- Experience on a packaging line highly desirable
- Able to work on your feet for 6-8 hours per shift
- Experience in similar packaging roles would be desirable
- A fun, team player
Award and Classification
Award: Food, Beverage and Tobacco Manufacturing Award 2020
If you are interested in the role, please email your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any general questions about working for Black Hops, feel free to call us on (07) 5699 0250 or email us at email@example.com