About Black Hops
At Black Hops, we seriously love good beer! We love making it, we love packaging it, and we especially love drinking it. But most of all, we love that it brings together a community of beer-loving friends and we get to share our learnings along the way.
Black Hops Brewing started as 3 mates making beer and sharing everything they learned along the way. What started out as an idea over a beer at the pub back in 2014, has become one of Australia’s fastest growing and highest rated breweries.
We have the best team in the industry, all of us have a great work ethic and are passionate about craft beer and the Black Hops brand. Read on to find out what we’re looking for in our Canning Line Supervisor.
We have 2 canning lines across 2 sites, and between both, we are packaging 4-5 days a week. Some days, we are packaging beer at both sites, so what we are looking for is a hands-on Canning Line Supervisor to be the Packaging Team leader for the second crew.
This role is responsible for the preparation and operation of the canning line. You will work closely with our Brewmaster and Operations Manager to coordinate and plan ahead for packaging requirements. This is a critical role as we take immense pride in our product and it’s essential that our beer is looked after at every stage.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will be passionate and hard-working with great attention to detail and a mechanical mind. You must understand how canning lines operate and be capable of complex mechanical repairs. You will be committed to product quality and have the attitude not to settle for anything less than our packaging standards.
- Operate both of our canning machines at both sites, ensuring compliance with our strict quality plan
- Clean and maintain both canning machines regularly
- Manage preventative and reactive maintenance
- Work with external technicians
- Supervise the team of Canning Line Crew Members
- Organise the required crew for the packaging schedule
- Practise packaging hygiene and cleanliness
- Guiding packaging staff on packaging standards
- Training new Canning Line Crew Members
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience operating our canning machines or similar (ABE & Alpha brands) essential
- Experience supervising a small team an advantage, with strong leadership skills
- A demonstrated safety-first approach
- High mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Forklift license essential (can be arranged)
- Manual handling required
- A fun, team player
- A strong work ethic and passion for good beer
If you are interested in the role, please email your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org