About Black Hops
Black Hops Brewing started as 3 mates making beer and sharing everything they learn along the way. In 2014, Dan, Eddie and Govs made their first beer, the Eggnog Stout, after discussing the concept at the pub. That led them to opening up a brewery and taproom in Burleigh Heads in 2016, and being awarded Australia’s Champion Small Brewer at the 2018 AIBA Awards.
These days Black Hops is one of Australia’s highest rated and fastest growing breweries. We distribute beer to over 300 venues in QLD and NSW and we are just getting started. With 14 full time staff members, we believe we have the best team in the industry. All of us have a great work ethic and are passionate about craft beer and the Black Hops brand. When we hire people we are looking for great members of our exceptional team, not just good candidates for the role.
About This Position
We are currently looking to expand our sales team due to an increase in production capacity. As the Brisbane / Sunshine Coast Sales Rep with Black Hops, you will be inheriting a thriving territory and one of the fastest growing areas for our brand. You will be responsible for managing your own customer base to maintain and build relationships as well as acquiring new business for continued growth.
We have built an incredible venue and brand in Burleigh Heads on the Gold Coast, and are looking forward to expanding our production into a second, bigger, location on the northern end of the Gold Coast. We currently have a small sales team and with this there is a lot of potential for future growth. We work hard, but we encourage flexibility within the workplace and autonomous working conditions. As far as tangible perks go, each Black Hops employee has a monthly allowance to redeem on fresh beer or merchandise. When you work for Black Hops, you are joining an incredible team, you are not just another cog in the wheel.
We are looking for a gun Sales Rep, someone who chases targets and smashes them out of the park. The right person for this role is incredibly self motivated, exceptionally organised and have second-to-none communication and negotiation skills. Dependability is an attribute we expect, we need to know we are hiring someone who our customers and company can depend upon. A passion for the craft beer industry is a must, our industry and business is thriving and our Sales Reps are representing our brand and the footprint we are forging in Australian craft beer.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
You will inherit a variety of responsibilities as a Black Hops Sales Rep, and we are looking for someone who can handle several things at once with flair. Here are some of the tasks expected of you:
- Manage a customer base that you are responsible for developing and growing
- Recommend and run events in your territory
- Management of sales data through Pipedrive CRM including entering venue data on each visit, maintaining contact information, logging activities and processing sales orders
- Work with the marketing and production teams on coordinating beer launches
- Service existing accounts, organise daily work schedule to call on existing sales outlets
- Proactively pursue new business leads and call on potential sales outlets
- Work with the marketing team on sales activations and branding materials to increase brand awareness and in-store pull through
- Meet and exceed weekly KPI’s, including but not limited to revenue, activities, new business activations
- Presenting personal progress and achievements at monthly sales meetings
- Passing on product and branding feedback from the field, recommending changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments
- Working on in store activations
- Resolving customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by staying up to date with the industry
- Helping spread the word of Black Hops and our Taproom by encouraging visits and sales trips to the Taproom
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed
Skills & Experience
The skills and experience you bring to the table will be your best asset. What we are looking for is a sales gun, someone who goes above and beyond for their customers and territory. Here are some of the particulars we are looking for:
- Proven industry sales rep experience a strong advantage
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Understanding retail liquor and the Hospitality Industry and how venues operate is essential
- Over-achieving expectations
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management
- Highly self motivated and driven to reach targets
- Well presented and approachable
- Proficient in computer and iPad use
A competitive package will be negotiated with the best candidate.
If you are interested in the role, please email your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any general questions about working for Black Hops, feel free to call us on 0435 830 466 or email us at email@example.com