About Black Hops
At Black Hops, we seriously love good beer! We love making it, we love packaging it, and we especially love drinking it. But most of all, we love that it brings together a community of beer-loving friends and we get to share our learnings along the way.
Black Hops Brewing started as 3 mates making beer and sharing everything they learned along the way. What started out as an idea over a beer at the pub back in 2014, has become one of Australia’s fastest growing and highest rated breweries.
We have the best team in the industry, all of us have a great work ethic and are passionate about craft beer and the Black Hops brand. Read on to find out what we’re looking for in our Canning Line Supervisor.
We are looking for an Assistant Brewer to join us on a casual basis to help the Site Head Brewer at our Burleigh Heads location with brewing, packaging, cleaning and maintenance duties in the brewhouse. This position supports the Production Team to ensure all beer that leaves the brewery is of the highest quality.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will fit in well with our existing team, have good communication skills to interact with coworkers and the ability to follow instructions and procedures. Working in a brewery requires attention to detail and can be physically demanding work but if brewing and craft beer is your passion, you will be right at home here.
- Brew and package beer according to a brew schedule
- Keep the brewery clean at all times
- Clean tanks, brewhouse, kegs and other equipment as needed
- Assist with milling, mashing, lautering, wort boiling, cooling and transferring to fermenters and ensuring all brewing processes are recorded properly
- Monitor quality and temperatures of beer on a daily basis
- Monitor pressure in tanks at all times
- Be responsible for maintaining all required paperwork and records such as brew logs, packaging records, recipe sheets
- Assist on the packaging line as required, ensuring cans are properly filled and precisely labelled
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 1 year experience in a similar role
- A formal brewing education preferred
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Good understanding of quality assurance / quality control and problem solving skills and to troubleshoot any beer related issues
- Knowledge of craft beer and Black Hops Beers
If you are interested in the role, please email your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org