About Black Hops
Black Hops Brewing started as 3 mates making beer and sharing everything they learned along the way. In 2014, Dan, Eddie and Govs made their first beer, the Eggnog Stout, after discussing the concept at the pub. That led them to opening up a brewery and taproom in Burleigh Heads in 2016 followed by a bigger production brewery and taproom in Biggera Waters in March 2019, in November 2020 they opened a third brewery and taproom in East Brisbane, and most recently have launched AWOL, a barrel-aged beer brand and taproom in Burleigh Heads.
Black Hops was awarded Australia’s Champion Small Brewer at the 2018 AIBA Awards and in March 2021 were awarded Champion Queensland Brewery and Champion Large Australian Brewery at the RQFWS Queensland Beer Awards. Black Hops was also voted the #1 brewery in the country in the 2020 Beer Cartel Craft Beer Survey, alongside the prestige honour of being voted Queensland’s #1 taproom.
These days Black Hops is one of Australia’s highest rated and fastest growing breweries. We distribute beer to over 1,500 venues across Australia and we are just getting started. With 33 full time staff members (total team 59), we believe we have the best team in the industry. All of us have a great work ethic and are passionate about craft beer and the Black Hops brand. When we hire people we are looking for great members of our exceptional team, not just good candidates for the role.
The Black Hops upstairs office team (Chair Force), operates behind the scenes to ensure the smooth operations of the business. The Chair Force is the main point of contact our community has with Black Hops and this role is fundamental in engaging our customers and responding to their queries while maintaining the values of our brand. The Chair Force Administration Assistant role is an integral part of the business and is anything but boring. This is a part time role, we are flexible with the days and the hours but we envisage around 3 days per week.
The Successful Candidate
As a priority, you will need to be able to fit in with our existing team. You will be responsible for a variety of areas in our growing business so you need to have exquisite organisation and communication skills and a flexible, can-do attitude. You must be proactive with a high level of attention to detail.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Processing and packaging of online orders through our online shop and Dan Murphy’s online orders for delivery.
- Be the first point of contact for visitors to the business and sign visitors in/out.
- Monitoring the main business email account and responding to general enquiries or forwarding on to the correct person.
- Inventory management, including stock counts, transfers, stationery orders, maintaining stock levels on website, all other purchasing and price sourcing as required.
- Organising staff rewards for events such as birthdays, staff parties, etc.
- General administration tasks as required, such as answering phones, organising travel, maintaining newsletter subscribers, and general office management.
Required Skills & Experience
- Previous administration experience essential
- Must be incredibly organised
- Friendly, positive attitude
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Strong data entry and accuracy skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to develop effective relationships with colleagues, clients and customers
- Drivers License essential
- A love of good beer an advantage
Award and Classification
Award: Clerks – Private Sector Award 2020
If you are interested in the role, please email your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org