WE’RE HIRING A DELIVERY DRIVER AND CANNING CREW MEMBER
About Black Hops
Black Hops Brewing started as 3 mates making beer and sharing everything along the way. In 2014, Dan, Eddie and Govs made their first beer, the Eggnog Stout, after discussing the concept at the pub. That led them to opening up a brewery and taproom in Burleigh Heads in 2016 and in March 2019 they opened a bigger production brewery and taproom in Biggera Waters.
Black Hops was awarded Australia’s Champion Small Brewer at the 2018 AIBA Awards and in March 2019 were awarded 4 Gold Medals and took home Trophies for Best Pale Ale, Best IPA, Champion Queensland Brewery and Champion Brewery at the RQFWS Queensland Beer Awards. They followed this up again in 2021 winning Champion IPA again and Champion Large Brewery. In 2020 Black Hops was listed as Australia’s number 1 craft brewery on the Beer Cartel Craft Beer Survey.
These days Black Hops is one of Australia’s highest rated and fastest growing breweries. We distribute beer to thousands of venues across Australia and we are just getting started. With a team of over 70, we believe we have the best team in the industry. All of us have a great work ethic and are passionate about craft beer and the Black Hops brand. When we hire people we are looking for great members of our exceptional team, not just good candidates for the role.
About This Position
We are currently looking for another casual team member to join the team based from BHII at Biggera Waters working in our Packaging Department and our Delivery Team.
Packaging – You will work with our Packaging Manager to make sure cans are properly filled, precisely labelled, and well handled ready to be stored in the cold room and sent to customers. We take immense pride in our product and it’s essential that it’s looked after at every stage.
Deliveries – We deliver all of our beer from Ballina to the Sunshine Coast ourselves and pride ourselves on the personal service we give to customers. This is not a courier position, we are looking for a friendly face to drop beers off and represent our brand away from the brewery.
Packaging – You will need to be able to work on your feet for 6-8 hours and lift cartons of beer. We are looking for a fun team player and someone with great attention to detail and a mechanical mind.
Deliveries – Doing deliveries you are often seen as the face, so you are going to need excellent communication skills and have a friendly and outgoing personality. You will need to hold a current manual drivers licence.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Packaging duties include:
- Pack beer in accordance with our Brewery Operations Manual
- Practise packaging hygiene and cleanliness
- Quality control, ensuring cans are adequately filled and correctly labelled
- Support the Packaging Manager and Leading Hands with setup and preparation as well as pack down
- Keeping a constant eye on the line
- Handling of finished goods onto pallets
- Operating keg washer and filler
- Cleaning of packaging lines and keg washer / filler and daily cleaning of packaging area
- Ensure a safe working environment at all times
- Making boxes and Packing cans into cartons when required
Delivery driver duties include:
- Get all product ready for delivery according to a picking list
- Safely pack and load the delivery van
- Drive responsibly for the whole shift
- Greet customers and represent our brand
- Deliver beer to our customers
- Have customers sign for proof of delivery
Skills & Experience:
- Able to work on your feet for 6-8 hours per shift (potentially longer on rare occasions)
- Manual handling required
- Experience in similar packaging roles would be desirable
- A fun, team player
- Forklift licence highly desirable
- Manual drivers licence essential
- Outgoing, positive attitude and a desire to deliver great customer service
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Great driving history and record
Workplace Health & Safety
- Follow the Workplace Health and Safety Policy and safe work practices.
- Report any hazards, incidents, injuries or ‘near misses’ to your manager or HR as soon as possible after the event
as possible after the event.
- Participate in consultation and training on safety and security issues in your work area.
Award and Classification
Canning Crew: Food, Beverage and Tobacco Manufacturing Award 2020 – Level 2
Delivery Driver: Road Transport and Distribution Award 2020 – Level 2
If you are interested in the role, please email your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org