We have two breweries on the Gold Coast, one in Burleigh Heads (HQ) and one in Biggera Waters (BHII), both with their own canning lines. We currently package between 3-5 days per week across both sites and are looking for someone to join our epic team to organise and supervise the Canning Line Crew on packaging days and get organised for the packaging schedule in the lead up to packaging days. Read on to find out more about the role and how to apply.
About Black Hops:
Black Hops Brewing started as 3 mates making beer and sharing everything they learn along the way. In 2014, Dan, Eddie and Govs made their first beer, the Eggnog Stout, after discussing the concept at the pub. That led them to opening up a brewery and taproom in Burleigh Heads in 2016 and in March 2019 they opened a bigger production brewery and taproom in Biggera Waters.
Black Hops was awarded Australia’s Champion Small Brewer at the 2018 AIBA Awards and in March 2019 and Champion Brewery at the RQFWS Queensland Beer Awards.
These days Black Hops is one of Australia’s highest rated and fastest growing breweries. We distribute beer to over 450 venues in QLD, NSW, VIC and SA and we are just getting started. We are a team of over 20 dedicated full time staff members, and many more casuals. All of us have a great work ethic and are passionate about craft beer and the Black Hops brand. When we hire people we are looking for great members of our exceptional team, not just good candidates for the role.
About This Position:
Across our two canning lines, we are currently canning 3-5 days per week. This role is responsible for the preparation and operation of the canning lines at each site and training the team of Canning Line Crew Members. You must ensure cans are properly filled, precisely labelled, and well handled ready to be stored in the cold room and sent to customers. You will also work closely with our Brewmaster and Operations Manager to coordinate and plan ahead for packaging requirements. This is a critical role as we take immense pride in our product and it’s essential that its looked after at every stage.
You will have great attention to detail and a mechanical mind, and with the attitude to not settle for anything below our packaging standards. This role can sometimes be high pressure so it is essential that you are capable of working well under pressure. You will need to be able to work on your feet for 6-8 hours and lift cartons of beer.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
- Operate both of our canning machines at both sites
- Clean and maintain both canning machines regularly
- Supervise the team of Canning Line Crew Members
- Organise the required crew for the packaging schedule
- Practise packaging hygiene and cleanliness
- Guiding packaging staff on packaging standards
- Training new Canning Line Crew Members
- Quality control, ensuring cans are adequately filled and correctly labelled
- Making boxes and stickering / labelling appropriately
- Making 12 packs according to packaging standards
Skills & Experience:
- Experience operating our canning machines or similar (ABE & Alpha brands) a very strong advantage
- Experience supervising a small team an advantage
- Able to work on your feet for 6-8 hours per shift
- Knowledge of the craft beer packaging process
- Forklift license essential (can be arranged for the right candidate)
- Manual handling required
- A fun, team player
Applying for the Position:
If you want to join one of Australia’s highest rated and fastest growing breweries, please email your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any general questions about working for Black Hops, feel free to call us on 0435 830 466, or email us at email@example.com