About Black Hops
Black Hops Brewing started as 3 mates making beer and sharing everything they learned along the way. In 2014, Dan, Eddie and Govs made their first beer, the Eggnog Stout, after discussing the concept at the pub. That led them to opening up a brewery and taproom in Burleigh Heads in 2016 followed by a bigger production brewery and taproom in Biggera Waters in March 2019, in November 2020 they opened a third brewery and taproom in East Brisbane, and most recently have launched AWOL, a barrel-aged beer brand and taproom in Burleigh Heads.
Black Hops was awarded Australia’s Champion Small Brewer at the 2018 AIBA Awards and in March 2021 were awarded Champion Queensland Brewery and Champion Large Australian Brewery at the RQFWS Queensland Beer Awards. Black Hops was also voted the #1 brewery in the country in the 2020 Beer Cartel Craft Beer Survey, alongside the prestige honour of being voted Queensland’s #1 taproom.
These days Black Hops is one of Australia’s highest rated and fastest growing breweries. We distribute beer to over 1,500 venues across Australia and we are just getting started. With 33 full time staff members (total team 59), we believe we have the best team in the industry. All of us have a great work ethic and are passionate about craft beer and the Black Hops brand. When we hire people we are looking for great members of our exceptional team, not just good candidates for the role.
About This Position
We are recruiting for a part time (3 days a week) HR Officer at Black Hops who is responsible for staffing, managing personnel issues, drafting and revising policies. This position is dedicated to building upon our amazing team of hardworking staff members, keeping a pulse on all things related to human resources for our growing company. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to, performance management, hiring, recruiting, inductions, assisting with terminations, compliance and employee relations.
This role suits someone who is passionate about HR and is highly efficient. We expect you to have knowledge of various HR functions and procedures, and you will be an approachable individual with exceptional communication skills.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Be actively involved in personnel recruitment, including running interviews and managing the hiring process to ensure successful hires
- Planning and administering employee induction and training
- Implementing and managing a HR system
- Assisting managers with performance management and regular performance reviews
- Creating, revising and communicating company policies
- Developing and updating position descriptions
- Creating employment contracts
- Support management staff with HR practices
- Be a point of contact for employees to raise concerns, in addition to their managers
- Actively help managers with advertising available positions, interviewing potential candidates, and onboarding for new hires
- Stay current on state and federal legislation and how that may affect the company
- Provide advice and recommendations on disciplinary actions
- Help with company culture workshops and team days
- Assist with award interpretation and contracts for staff
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience as a HR Officer, administrator or other HR position
- Knowledge of HR functions, eg, pay and benefits, recruitment, training and development
- Understanding of laws and disciplinary procedures
- Proficient in computer use, including Xero, Google Drive
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong ethics and reliability
Award and Classification
Clerks Private Sector Award 2020
If you are interested in the role, please email your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any general questions about working for Black Hops, feel free to call us on (07) 5699 0250 or email us at email@example.com