About Black Hops
Black Hops Brewing started as 3 mates making beer and sharing everything they learned along the way. In 2014, Dan, Eddie and Govs made their first beer, the Eggnog Stout, after discussing the concept at the pub. That led them to opening up a brewery and taproom in Burleigh Heads in 2016 followed by a bigger production brewery and taproom in Biggera Waters in March 2019, in November 2020 they opened a third brewery and taproom in East Brisbane, and most recently have launched AWOL, a barrel-aged beer brand and taproom in Burleigh Heads.
Black Hops was awarded Australia’s Champion Small Brewer at the 2018 AIBA Awards and in March 2021 were awarded Champion Queensland Brewery and Champion Large Australian Brewery at the RQFWS Queensland Beer Awards. Black Hops was also voted the #1 brewery in the country in the 2020 Beer Cartel Craft Beer Survey, alongside the prestige honour of being voted Queensland’s #1 taproom.
These days Black Hops is one of Australia’s highest rated and fastest growing breweries. We distribute beer to over 1,500 venues across Australia and we are just getting started. With 33 full time staff members (total team 59), we believe we have the best team in the industry. All of us have a great work ethic and are passionate about craft beer and the Black Hops brand. When we hire people we are looking for great members of our exceptional team, not just good candidates for the role.
About This Position
We are recruiting for a part time (3 days a week) Merch, Marketing and Events Administrator to join our team. This fun role provides support to the sales team in organising events such as tastings, pop up bars, festivals, etc. It also assists the marketing team in creating posters, creating, ordering and distributing merch and point of sale and posting on social media.
This role suits someone who is incredibly organised and can handle having a number of things on their plate at once. While proven experience in a similar role is advantageous, it is not essential. You will however need to possess certain personality traits to be successful in this role, including being tenacious, incredibly organised, complete tasks thoroughly, and have excellent communication skills.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage merch ideas and new merch creation
- Manage merch inventory and re-ordering
- Oversee the merch displays in the taprooms and the online store
- Promote merch on social media accounts
- Assist the marketing coordinator with social media and the development and distribution of marketing material, such as taproom posters, sales point of sale, limited release posters
- Assist the sales team in organising events in their respective areas. These can include pop up bars at venues and events, beer tastings, tap takeovers, etc.
- Take the lead on organising external events that Black Hops is a part of, for example beer festivals.
- Be responsible for ordering merch and maintaining merch stock levels, which includes distributing merch to our various taprooms.
- Assist in coming up with new merch ideas and submitting for approval.
- Assist in managing and responding to incoming messages via social media
- Assist in creating content for social media
- Responding to community engagement requests
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in a similar role is advantageous, though not essential
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- High attention to detail
- Capacity to work within a close knit team
- A love of good beer an advantage
Award and Classification
Clerks Private Sector Award 2020
If you are interested in the role, please email your application and resume to email@example.com
If you have any general questions about working for Black Hops, feel free to call us on (07) 5699 0250 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org