About Black Hops
Black Hops Brewing started as 3 mates making beer and sharing everything they learned along the way. In 2014, Dan, Eddie and Govs made their first beer, the Eggnog Stout, after discussing the concept at the pub. That led them to opening up a brewery and taproom in Burleigh Heads in 2016 followed by a bigger production brewery and taproom in Biggera Waters in March 2019, in November 2020 they opened a third brewery and taproom in East Brisbane, and most recently have launched AWOL, a barrel-aged beer brand and taproom in Burleigh Heads.
Black Hops was awarded Australia’s Champion Small Brewer at the 2018 AIBA Awards and in March 2021 were awarded Champion Queensland Brewery and Champion Large Australian Brewery at the RQFWS Queensland Beer Awards. Black Hops was also voted the #1 brewery in the country in the 2020 Beer Cartel Craft Beer Survey, alongside the prestige honour of being voted Queensland’s #1 taproom.
These days Black Hops is one of Australia’s highest rated and fastest growing breweries. We distribute beer to over 1,500 venues across Australia and we are just getting started. With 33 full time staff members (total team 59), we believe we have the best team in the industry. All of us have a great work ethic and are passionate about craft beer and the Black Hops brand. When we hire people we are looking for great members of our exceptional team, not just good candidates for the role.
About This Position
We are looking for a responsible part time (3 days a week) Safety Officer to facilitate our company’s compliance with our Safety Manual and OHS guidelines. You will oversee the safety program at Black Hops, and work with the managers of each department to help implement safety strategies within their team.
The successful candidate will be responsible and dedicated to OHS regulations. You will have proven experience as a Safety Officer, and be passionate about ensuring the safety of your teammates. This is a part time role (3 days a week), so this role suits someone who is not currently looking for full time employment.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the management team on implementing a safety program
- Lead site incident management reporting, provide assistance and support to managers to identify underlying causes of incidents, provide recommendations and implement preventative measures
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics
- Maintain safety registers
- Work with the management team to develop safe work procedures and ensure implementation and compliance to these procedures
- Review existing policies / systems and initiate implementation, development or revision of policies
- Safety inductions of new employees and contractors
- Recommend, order and maintain inventory of PPE
- Attend weekly production meetings and manage the safety agenda item
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience as a Safety Officer
- Previous history working in breweries highly regarded
- Knowledge of legislation and procedures
- Proficient computer skills, including Google Drive / Docs / Sheets
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- Certificate in occupational health and safety highly regarded
- Manual drivers license essential
Award and Classification
This is a contract position, however the relevant Award is the Food, Beverage & Tobacco Manufacturing Award 2020.
If you are interested in the role, please email your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any general questions about working for Black Hops, feel free to call us on (07) 5699 0250 or email us at email@example.com