About Black Hops
Black Hops Brewing started as 3 mates making beer and sharing everything they learn along the way. In 2014, Dan, Eddie and Govs made their first beer, the Eggnog Stout, after discussing the concept at the pub. That led them to opening up a brewery and taproom in Burleigh Heads in 2016, and being awarded Australia’s Champion Small Brewer at the 2018 AIBA Awards.
These days Black Hops is one of Australia’s highest rated and fastest growing breweries, with a team of 15 full time staff we make and distribute beer to 400+ venues around Australia. We are about to launch our second brewery, a larger scale production brewery and taproom in Biggera Waters.
About The Taproom Beertender positions
We are looking for beertenders to join both the Burleigh and new Biggera Waters Taproom Teams!
You will be on your feet for the shift, and manual handling is required for working with heavy kegs. We are looking for staff on a casual and part time basis and those that are available weekends.
We pride ourselves on our service at Black Hops, our Taproom is how most people experience our brand and exceptional service is an absolute necessity.
As a priority, you will need to fit in with our existing team. You will need to possess a current QLD RSA, bar experience is a must and a happy positive personality and a great attitude are all ESSENTIAL!
You will need a passion for good beer and ideally some understanding of the brewing process and industry. Our Taproom is an intimate drinking space where we get to share our love for beer, so being able to connect with the customers and make them feel at home is super important to us.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Serving customers beers
- Collecting payment and operating the POS software (Kounta & Square)
- Explaining the brewing process and taste of beer as required
- Make customers feel at home
- Collect glasses and maintain a tidy and safe workplace
- Opening and closing the Taproom
- Restocking Taproom cold room and fridges
Skills & Experience
- Friendly, positive attitude
- Knowledge of craft beers and Black Hops beers
- Ability to pour a beer
- Ability to operate POS software (Kounta or similar)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Well presented
- QLD RSA essential
- Ability to be aware of customers alcohol consumption and execution of RSA
Applying for the position
If you are interested in the roles, please email your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any general questions about working for Black Hops, feel free to call us on 0435 830 466, email us at email@example.com or pop in and chat with Ali.