On Thursday May 12, CEO / Co-founder Dan and Head of Retail Sales and Key Accounts Kearnsy headed to The Timber Yard in Port Melbourne for the inaugural Endeavour Group Supplier of the Year Awards.
Endeavour Group are the company behind Australia’s largest liquor retail stores including BWS and Dan Murphy’s and our biggest customer as a business.
Endeavour gave us our first taste at major retail distribution when they picked up our Pale Ale as part of the local program in 2018 at Qld BWS stores. Our brand has grown enormously since then and these days we have a range of core range beers and limited releases in local BWS and Dan Murphy’s stores, Pale Ale and Hornet in most interstate Dan Murphy’s stores and G.O.A.T. is ranged nationally at Dan Murphy’s.
The inaugural awards were an opportunity for us to learn more about their business, network with other industry colleagues and celebrate our own nomination with East Coast Haze being one of only 4 Qld products across all categories to be nominated for best local product.
Here’s a video that Endeavour put out on the night.
While we didn’t win our category, we were pretty stoked to be nominated. Since launching last year, East Coast Haze has become our best selling beer locally and a fan favourite among Black Hops drinkers.
Here is the full list of winners from the event:
- Sustainability Award: Young Henrys for the microalgae project
- Product Innovation of the Year: Suntory with -196 Double Lemon
- Collaboration Award: Brick Lane Brewing Co
- Best Brand Activation of the Year: Mighty Craft with Better Beer
- Supply Chain Award: Accolade Wines
- Trend Leader of the Year: Basic Brands & Co
- Account Team of the Year: Carlton & United Breweries
- Digital Partner of the Year: Diageo Australia
- Local Product of the Year: Billson’s Vodka with Portello
- Exclusive Product of the Year: Better Beer
- Small Supplier of the Year: Billson’s
- Large Supplier of the Year: Accolade Wines