About Black Hops
Black Hops Brewing started as 3 mates making beer and sharing everything along the way. In 2014, Dan, Eddie and Govs made their first beer, the Eggnog Stout, after discussing the concept at the pub. That led them to opening up a brewery and taproom in Burleigh Heads in 2016 and in March 2019 they opened a bigger production brewery and taproom in Biggera Waters.
Black Hops was awarded Australia’s Champion Small Brewer at the 2018 AIBA Awards and in March 2019 were awarded 4 Gold Medals and took home Trophies for Best Pale Ale, Best IPA, Champion Queensland Brewery and Champion Brewery at the RQFWS Queensland Beer Awards. They followed this up again in 2021 winning Champion IPA again and Champion Large Brewery. In 2020 Black Hops was listed as Australia’s number 1 craft brewery on the Beer Cartel Craft Beer Survey.
These days Black Hops is one of Australia’s highest rated and fastest growing breweries. We distribute beer to thousands of venues across Australia and we are just getting started. With a team of over 70, we believe we have the best team in the industry. All of us have a great work ethic and are passionate about craft beer and the Black Hops brand. When we hire people we are looking for great members of our exceptional team, not just good candidates for the role.
About This Position
We are currently looking for another casual team member to join the team based from BHII at Biggera Waters working in our Delivery Team.
We deliver all of our beer from Ballina to the Sunshine Coast ourselves and pride ourselves on the personal service we give to customers. This is not a courier position, we are looking for a friendly face to drop beers off and represent our brand away from the brewery.
Doing deliveries you are often seen as the face, so you are going to need excellent communication skills and have a friendly and outgoing personality. You will need to hold a current manual drivers licence.
A passion for craft beer is highly desirable as our drivers act as our Ambassadors on the road.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Get all product ready for delivery according to a picking list
- Safely pack and load the delivery van
- Drive responsibly for the whole shift
- Greet customers and represent our brand
- Deliver beer to our customers
- Have customers sign for proof of delivery
Skills & Experience:
- Manual open drivers license essential
- Outgoing, positive attitude and a desire to deliver great customer service
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Great driving history and record
- Forklift license highly desirable
Workplace Health & Safety
- Follow the Workplace Health and Safety Policy and safe work practices.
- Report any hazards, incidents, injuries or ‘near misses’ to your manager or HR as soon as possible after the event
as possible after the event.
- Participate in consultation and training on safety and security issues in your work area.
Award and Classification
Road Transport and Distribution Award 2020 – Level 2
We are looking to find the right person for an immediate start. Please apply attaching your resume and a cover letter outlining previous delivery experience, your suitability for the role and why you want to represent Black Hops on the road.
If you have any questions about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.