We are excited to announce that shortly we will be running our equity crowdfunding campaign. In 2015 in an Australian first, we launched our brewery using a crowdfunding campaign to help fund the opening. After waiting a long time for equity crowdfunding to become legal in Australia, we are now aiming to launch our second brewery, in another first, via equity crowdfunding.
We’ve been following the process for legalising equity crowdfunding for a few years. Black Hops Co-founder Dan presented at the launch of one of Australia’s first equity crowdfunding platforms in 2017, and has written a number of articles on the topic. Now that it’s finally legal, we are looking forward to being one of the first breweries to run a campaign, and the first to use equity crowdfunding to help fund the opening of a brewery.
This is an opportunity for every day Aussies to own part of one of Australia’s fastest growing breweries.
We will announce more details in the coming weeks, but for now, if you are interested in taking part or learning more, check out our investment page and subscribe to our investor email list. People on the list will get the first opportunity to invest when we launch.
Here are a few other resources to check out:
- In 2016, Dan joined a brewery startup panel where Crowdfunding was a hot topic. Here is a summary of the event on Crafty Pint.
- Dan also features in this 2017 article in the Sydney Morning Herald discussing the incoming equity crowdfunding legislation
- The Equitise blog and the Birchal blog are great places to read up on what’s happening with equity crowdfunding.
- An article by Dan on the Birchal blog on why businesses should consider equity crowdfunding
- Smart Company article on the new crowdfunding laws and some of the first successful Australian campaigns.
- Smart Company article on DC Power, who recently broke the world record for the most amount of crowdfunding investors.
If you are interested in being the first to be notified when we announce our campaign, jump over to the investment page and onto our investor email list.